- Professional Help Directory
- Andrea’s Voice: Silenced by Bulimia: Her Story and Her Mother’s Journey Through Grief and Understanding, by Doris Smeltzer
- 8 Keys to Recovery from an Eating Disorder: Effective Strategies from Therapeutic Practice and Personal Experience, by Carolyn Costin
- Life Without Ed: How One Woman Declared Independence from Her Eating Disorder and How You Can Too, by Jenni Schaefer
- Ink in Water: An Illustrated Memoir (Or, How I Kicked Anorexia’s Ass and Embraced Body Positivity), by Lacy J. Davis
- Next to Nothing: A Firsthand Account of One Teenager’s Experience with an Eating Disorder, by Carrie Arnold
- Decoding Anorexia: How Breakthroughs in Science Offer Hope for Eating Disorders, by Carrie Arnold
- The Anorexia Recovery Skills Workbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Cope with Difficult Emotions, by Catherine L. Ruscitti, Psy.D.; Jeffrey E. Barnett, Psy.D., ABPP; and Rebecca A. Wagner, Ph.D.
- Self-Help Groups
- The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober, by Catherine Gray
- Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation
- Taking the Leap: Freeing Ourselves from Old Habits and Fears, by Pema Chödrön
- Recovery from Trauma, Addiction, or Both: Strategies for Finding Your Best Self, by Lisa M. Najavits, Ph.D.
- Seeking Safety: A Treatment Manual for PTSD and Substance Abuse, by Lisa M. Najavits
- A Woman’s Way through the Twelve Steps, by Stephanie S. Covington, Ph.D.
- One Breath at a Time: Buddhism and the Twelve Steps, by Kevin Griffin
Abuse, Sexual Abuse, and Rape
- Asking for It: The Alarming Rise of Rape Culture and What We Can Do about It, by Kate Harding
- Yes Means Yes!: Visions of Female Sexual Power and A World Without Rape, by Jaclyn Friedman and Jessica Valenti
- Free Yourself from an Abusive Relationship: 7 Steps to Taking Back Your Life, by Andrea Lissette, M.A., CDVC; and Richard Kraus, Ph.D.
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- The Body Keeps the Score, by Bessel van der Kolk
- In an Unspoken Voice: How the Body Releases Trauma and Restores Goodness, by Peter Levine
- Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma, by Peter Levine
- Trauma and Memory: Brain and Body in a Search for the Living Past, by Peter Levine
- Trauma and Recovery: The Aftermath of Violence—From Domestic Abuse to Political Terror, by Judith Herman, M.D.
- Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving, by Pete Walker
- Rebuilding Shattered Lives: Treating Complex PTSD and Dissociative Disorders, by James A. Chu
Depression and Suicide
- The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression, by Andrew Solomon
- When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times, by Pema Chödrön
- It Gets Better Project – Inspiring LGBTQ+ Youth
- Anything by Pema Chödrön!
- Anything by Thich Nhat Hanh!
- The Complete Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue, by Neale Donald Walsch
- A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose, by Eckhart Tolle
- Man’s Search for Meaning, by Viktor E. Frankl
- Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence, by Sarah Young
- Eastern Body, Western Mind: Psychology and the Chakra System As a Path to the Self, by Anodea Judith
- Wherever You Go There You Are, by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- The Heart of the Buddha’s Teaching, by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom, by Rick Hanson, Richard Mendius, and Daniel J. Siegel
- Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life with the Heart of a Buddha, by Tara Brach
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing, by Marie Kondo
- The Magical Household: Spells and Rituals for the Home, by Scott Cunningham and David Harrington
- Candle Magic for Beginners: The Simplest Magic You Can Do, by Richard Webster
- Tarot for Beginners: A Practical Guide to Reading the Cards, by Barbara Moore
- Everyday Tarot: Unlock Your Inner Wisdom and Manifest Your Future, by Brigit Esselmont
- The Ultimate Guide to Tarot Card Meanings, by Brigit Esselmont
- The Triple Bind: Saving Our Teenage Girls from Today’s Pressures, by Stephen P. Hinshaw
- Another Kind of Madness: A Journey Through the Stigma and Hope of Mental Illness, by Stephen P. Hinshaw
- Reviving Ophelia: Saving the Selves of Adolescent Girls, by Mary Pipher
- Behind Happy Faces: Taking Charge of Your Mental Health: A Guide for Young Adults, by Ross Szabo
- The Gift of Therapy: An Open Letter to a New Generation of Therapists and Their Patients, by Irvin D. Yalom, M.D.